SSA Acoustics is growing. We are actively seeking an acoustical consultant to work in our Seattle, Washington office. The position will focus on consulting in architectural and engineering acoustics for the full range of our projects, including commercial, civic, education, multifamily residential, worship, industrial, healthcare, and performing arts. Candidates should have the following qualifications:
- Motivation. Consultants are expected to learn and develop continuously, engage with other project consultants, and actively seek growth and advancement.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working as an acoustical consultant.
- Experience with projects involving room acoustics, sound isolation, and mechanical system noise and vibration control
- Experience with various acoustical measurements in accordance with current standards including ANSI, ASTM, and ISO.
- Experience with reviewing and interpreting building drawings and specifications
- Experience with noise/acoustic modeling software, AutoCAD, word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Current or interest in active involvement with professional societies (AIA, ASHRAE, CEFPI, and others).
- A BS or higher degree in a field directly or closely related to acoustical consulting.
- Demonstrate innovative problem-solving skills resulting in applicable solutions.
- Ability to manage tasks and deliverables and effectively prioritize multiple concurrent projects.
- Ability to work through tasks from assignment to completion.Extensive experience in HVAC noise control a plus.